Wednesday 9 July 2008

Risk, Shoes, Darth Vader and Blondes

Afternoon all!

It's been a grueling day of messing about with my brother... a hard fought competition at 'Risk' led to my total world domination (an omen of things to come in real life?), at which point my brother announced that the game was 'stupid', I was 'stupid' and everything in the world was 'stupid'.

...I have felt like saying similar things on occasion in regard to my job, but I keep it all inside, all inside.

Ah, Saudi Arabia... where women can't drive cars, but men can spend large amounts of money 'pimping' their cars....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7498634.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7497804.stm

...still, I guess it could be worse... they could be pimping their wives... oh no wait, do they do that as well??



Staying on the subject of women: shoes. Good news girls! All you need to do is fall over when wearing heels and you can sue the shop... never need work again!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/jul/09/consumeraffairs.fashion

...a little sexist if you ask me. I mean, what are us men supposed to do? I guess we could all start cross-dressing.... ....I suppose wearing a dress is a lot cooler in the summer, no?


To bring the blog back to its much more accustomed tone - The Dark Knight is on his way back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8PPh-C9pRU

...in this modern age of slick, stylish, uber-cool Batmans, it easy to forget those early days back in the 60s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGWmJPToolM

I'll never be able to watch the film 'Rocky' in the same way again. I'd forgotten that the same actor who played Rocky's 'he's a wrecking machine!' trainer, also played The Penguin. ...wow, that would have been a weird scene: if Rocky had chased the chicken around, whilst his trainer was dressed as The Penguin... 'Wak Wak Wak! Get him Rocky! He's a chicken chasing machine!'

Meanwhile, in space, Darth Vader has had a bad day at the office... and he's decided to be a jerk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YwLQSTo_ow


Finally, A blonde joke courtesy of my friend Yvonne, wait a minute.... I'm blonde! Is she trying say something?! Have yourself happy, 'blonde free' weekends!



A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, 'Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get started.'Her boyfriend asks, 'What is it supposed to be when it's finished?'The blonde says, 'According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster.'Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says,'First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster.'He takes her hand and says, 'Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then ..' he said with a deep sigh
.
.
Scroll down…………………………………..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
'.Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box.'

No comments: