Tuesday 13 October 2009

Taking Chances

Ciao English Learning Chaps & Chappettes,

It has been a while, hasn't it? I hope all is well in your worlds. I must apologise for my absence, but I've been caught up in the act of setting up my new business:

www.ondemandenglishsupport.com


During my absence
, I have learned a number of things: firstly, that I'm much happier having no money & being stressed by a business I believe in, than I was having some money & being stressed by a job I didn't.

Secondly that when using the 'dance exercise' on my Wii's EA Active game, the more stupidly I dance, the more fun I have.

And thirdly that in life it is better to suffer for what you really want, than to suffer for what you only thought was possible.


I actually knew
the third point when I was 19, said 'no' to what was expected of me and decided to try to be a filmmaker.

But I'd forgotten it in the last few years. And had wondered whether middle class expectation was, in fact, best for me. Luckily, the last few years have demonstrated clearly, beyond any sense of doubt, that is not the case.

I have always been an anxious person upon whom failure bore heavy, but it never stopped me from taking chances. Not until recently, that is. It feels good to be taking chances again.

Best of luck to all of you with the chances you are taking in your lives.

No comments: